Friday, February 19, 2010

The attitude behind the bar is falling into decay

Somewhere in my experience as a bartender (when working) and a customer (when I'm chilling in my free time) I  was able to see how things MUST NOT be done when you work behind the bar. Somewhere in all this working and chilling I got sick! Sick of wannabe's who call themselves bartenders and provides low services. Sick of those employers who just really don't care if you are a good and crave to work as a bartender or for you it's another serial job! Sick of "bartenders" who just don't care for their job and act without any attitude! Sick of people who smear the reputation of a real bartenders!


It's really funny how more and more bar owners just don't care if you were working the past 5 years as a bartender or your last job was some computer support, for them it's just important to have someone working behind the bar and give the customers drinks. FUCK THAT!
Next lines are not addressed to somebody concrete. I'm sure that you will recognize you or the bartender across the street.
It's really "funny"....
1. ...how YOU frown when I sit on your bar and ask for something. YOU have to work...that's awful!
2. ...how YOU think that you are better than ME (your customer)
3. ...how YOU think that I don't expect a smile when you give me my drink
4. ...how YOU expect a tip for pouring a drink
5. ...how YOU think that I don't know the difference between 100 ml and 90 ml scotch in my glass
6. ...when I order a top shelf vodka and YOU give me your lower spirit and think that I can't tell the difference
7. ...when YOU serve me a short worked lousy margarita and rush to flirt with the blond girl at the end of the bar
8. ...when YOU hear "four mojitos please!" and you look me with your angry eyes. No problem next time I'll order seven of them
9. ...when YOU do not ask me how I want my Martini and you do it "Bond's way" (because it's the only way you know)
10. ...when I order YOU a Martini cocktail and you pour me only Martini vermouth. This is not my fault, it's because you are unqualified
11. ...when YOU are lazy and don' put effort to make your glassware sparkling. And yes the lipstick on the rim of the glass needs a little bit diligence to wash away
12. ...when YOU give me a glass which is still wet
13. ...when someone call YOU "bartender"
14. ...when YOU call yourself "bartender"
15. ...that YOU shake every drink you make because you think that you're looking cool. Some of the drinks needs to be stirred only
16. ...how YOU don't know that some of the cocktails must be poured in a chilled glass
17. ...how YOU don't pay attention on ME. Giving me my drink isn't the whole deal...after that I'm still there...don't forget
18. ...when I tell YOU how I want my Manhattan and you still make it your "imaginable" way
19. ...when YOU see a recipe in internet and then claim it for yours
20. ...how YOU mix all the possible liquors in your bar and think that you made "the ultimate cocktail"
21. ...how YOU take advantage of drunk people by selling them more and more. YOU have to cheer your customers, not intoxicate 'em. If someone is in drunk condition stop giving him alcohol!
22. ...when YOU "forget" the little details like putting my drink on a napkin. But hey why waisting the precious napkins. I assume that you just don't know how to serve a drink
23. ...how YOU get mad when you don't get a tip.

I can go on and on but I think that the point of this article is clear! People who don't like to be bartenders don't work as ones. It's so simple! I want to hit myself in a wall when someone start to work behind the bar and everyday complains how much work he has, how the customers are so ungrateful etc....STOP! Go work something else!
I don't want to offend nobody! I'm just pissed off cuz everybody thinks that being a bartender is easy.
Bartending is vocation! Cocktail is style!
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment